Chinese food is my all time favorite food. I could seriously eat it all day every day, and it does not help that PF Changs is right across the street from our house! But the reality is my favorite chinese food is not a healthy choice to eat everyday. So when I am craving the deliciousness of chinese takeout and feeling the laziness of ordering in, this is my go to recipe.
Oh my this satisfies every taste bud! The sweetness from the honey and the spiciness from the Sriracha (which if this is not part of your pantry it should be!) really brings this dish together. And its so easy to make! It takes less time to make this then to call in and pick up chinese takeout. I added way more veggies to this dish then chicken and served with brown rice.
If you are a lover of chinese food like me, then is a definite must try!!
Honey Cashew Chicken
Adapted from Cooking Light:
– 1 Chicken breasts cut into small cubes
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 cups broccoli florets
-1 zucchini cubed
– 1 red pepper diced
– 1 onion chopped
– 1 cup of baby bella mushrooms
– 1/4 cup cashews
– 3 tablespoons honey
-1 tablespoon rice vinegar
-2 tablespoons soy sauce
-1 tablespoon Sriracha (and if you are like us more for topping!)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper
2. Heat a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add olive oil. Once hot add the chicken mixture and saute for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add all the veggies to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is done. Stir in cashews
3. Combine the honey, vinegar, soy sauce and sriracha in a small bowl and whisk together. Pour over chicken and veggie mixture. Cook until thickened and serve over rice!