You know those dishes that just make you feel like you are back at home? As I mentioned we hosted a Friendsgiving recently, and I was so focused on finding new recipes to make, I forgot about some of my favorites from home. Thats when I realized that one of my favorite dishes, that is a staple in the Quinn household, I have actually never made! My grandmothers tomato basil tart!
Now of course mine did not taste as good as hers, but it was a close second. It is super simple and such a crowd pleaser! If you are looking for an appetizer that will impress this holiday season this is the recipe for you 🙂
Tomato Basil Tart
- Frozen pie crust- thawed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 roma tomatoes – de-seeded, drained on paper towel, and quartered
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Bake thawed pie crust for 10 mins or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle crust with parmesan cheese. Turn oven down to 375 degrees F and let crust cool.
- Arrange tomato wedges on top of the cheese in the pie shell. In a food processor combine the basil and garlic until chopped then sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- In a mixing bowl combine mozzarella cheese, mayo, salt and pepper to taste. Spread the mixture over the basil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35-40 mins or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving 🙂